I should have typed out this post  and thanked last month but I was so damn busy and forgot to do anything about it.

It all happened when I decided to bid for projects and I decided to get an account on I took 2 tests to improve my profile and place bids on several projects.

I finally managed to secure a project and was about to start working on it when the project owner suddenly decides to cancel it and look for another That’s when I realize, it’s ok to cancel a project but there’s no way to cancel the fees!

I freaked out and was furious. I contacted the project owner and demanded an explanation. He responded and told me that he didn’t agree with the pricing and wants to look for other freelancer.

I contacted the support on freelancer and they responded with lots of generic replies saying they will not be able to cancel the fees because it’s deducted the moment I accept the project. I gave up and decided to open an account on several other freelancing portal. But somehow I don’t really like the layout, or the system that they have.

A few days later, I received an email from the support staff saying that they have looked into my issue and gave me a refund for the fees. I was relieved. He also told me that I should clarify everything with any project owner in future and make sure that I ask for milestone payment.

I learned my lesson and will be a lot cautious before I accept any project that was awarded. And thanks a lot for the assistance. You guys rock!


To Keep Or Not To Keep

I have recently developed several niche sites for sale and so far I have 6 brand new niche sites up and running. I already have the content for another few more sites but I haven’t purchase the domain name yet.

I am hesitating whether I should keep or sell those sites because of them have their pros and cons.

Sell now?
If I sell now, I can make about $80 – $200 per site depending on the niche and how I sell it. Not much money but that’s something if we’re selling 10 sites every month right?

Sell later?
I can sell them in another 6 or 8 months later after the site have been properly promoted and ranked for their targeted keywords and getting a certain amount of monthly income every month. If it’s earning about $50 per month from AdSense, I can sell it for $500 to $600, or any amount equivalent to its 10 months expected monthly income.

Keep it?
This one is a slow way of earning money but it will be a stable income source if I consistently promote those sites and getting targeted traffic on daily basis. If one site is earning at least $50 per month from AdSense, that means I will be earning $500 per month from 10 blogs.

Hmm.. what do you think I should do? Keep them or just sell them? Headache… and dilemma.